London is the city of dreams for many a tourists from all over the world. London is, to be precise quite a humongous city and if you are a traveler, it is just not possible for you to check out every thing in London in week. There is so many things waiting to be explored, only if you would have the time and of course the virtue of the wise, patience! We decided to offer information for you that might just be useful while travelling in London. If you are new to London, if you are a traveler and if you do not have time to spare, we have listed down some guidelines that would help you travel easy in London. They say, “Time is money”. So save time, the moment you land in London, you would know where exactly to go and what exactly to look for. We have it all lined up for you.
The Buckingham Palace – The Buckingham Palace is the officially residence of the British Monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II. The palace is open to public when the queen is away. You must check how royal and aristocrat the palace is. There is nominal entry fee.
Changing of the Guard
A trip to the city of London is incomplete without having seen the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
The Buckingham is the nearest and the most beautiful townhouse hotel. It has a classic and elegant Georgian décor and offers luxurious suites and studios which are specifically designed for comfort.
The nearest London Underground stations are the St. James Park and Victoria tube stations.
St. Paul’s Cathedral
The first St. Paul’s was built in 604 AD and since then has been built over several times. The current cathedral has been standing for almost 4 centuries. Entry is free for praying.
You have to witness the ‘Whispering Gallery’. Everything whispered on one end can be heard clearly at the other end of the gallery which is 107 feet apart. Unbelieavable? Such are the acoustics of the historical building.
Grange St. Paul’s Hotel
The Grange groups of hotels have opened a 5 star super luxury hotel right adjacent to the St. Paul’s Cathedral. Both the cathedral and the hotel can be seen from either of the buildings. The hotel offers international multi-cuisine restaurant, spa, swimming pool, conference rooms and every other facility under the hood.
The Mansion House, St. Paul’s and Blackfriars are the nearest tube stations.
And these are some things to remember:-
- Remember to check the world famous London attractions that we have mentioned. You will not get to see them anywhere else in the world.
- Remember to travel by the London Underground. It is no doubt the fastest and inexpensive way to travel across the city.
- Remember to take the Black Cabs. The drivers know the city of London inside out. From any street in London, to any neighbourhood, these drivers know it all. So, if anytime you think, you are lost, hire a cabby and you name it, they will take you there.
- Do travel by Trams. The loveliest experience is to travel in these beautiful London trams and unlike London Underground these trams might even drop you right outside your hotel.
- Remember to go to the Harrods store. It is obvious that you would be buying gifts for people, are waiting anxiously for one, way back home. Make sure that gift is from the largest departmental store in the world, The Harrods. Be shocked to believe it but, at the Christmas time of the year, people from all over the world specially fly to the Harrods store to buy gifts for their special ones.
- Don’t forget to visit the Covent Garden. Covent Garden is a place full of entertainers. You will find jokers, comedians, musicians, magicians, dancers, acrobats, look-alikes, contortionists, singers and a hell lot more, performing there live. You are bound to fall in love with them. If you like them, you can hand over a pound or you could just walk away if they get boring. But believe you us, it never gets boring.
Now for the basic necessities of a traveler we have listed above, some of the best London attractions that you are bound to go to, the best and the nearest hotel and the connecting London Underground tube station. Life made easy?